Curley N. Marshburn

September 10, 1947 - February 1, 2011
Curley N. Marshburn

Curley N. Marshburn, 63 of Rocky Point passed away February 1, 2011 due to complications of Agent Orange.

He was preceded in death by his mother Emma Marshburn and a brother Clarence Marshburn.

Curley is survived by his wife of 21 years Robin Derosia, daughter Chrystal Marshburn, brothers Bobby Marshburn and Dennis Marshburn, and a huge extended family.

He was raised in Spofford Mill area of Wilmington, served in the US Navy with 3 tours of Vietnam, and was a lover of animals.

Celebration of his life with Military Honors will be 4:00 PM, Saturday, February 5, 2011 at Wilmington Funeral and Cremation.

Please share memories and condolences by clicking on the “Sign Guest Book” tab above.

Wilmington Funeral and Cremation, 1535 S 41st Street, Wilmington, NC 28403 910.791.9099

Purchase Flowers

Tribute Wall

Please feel free to sign the guestbook or share a memory

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • February 05, 2011
    Chrystal says:
    i wanted to say Hi Dad I love you so much

  • February 08, 2011
    robin derosia says:
    this to the memories of curley marshburn who i really love and miss alot he broke my heart in too

  • February 02, 2011
    Michael and Barbara McSwain says:
    Robin & Crystal, We are so sorry That we cannot be there. We send you our prayers and love. Buddy will always be in our memories. He will be deeply missed. If you or Crystal needs anything please do not hesitate to call. Love, Michael and Barbara

  • February 02, 2011
    Michael & Barbara McSwain says:
    I know I have signed this book once but I have a memory to share that will always stay with me. When I think about this it always makes me laugh. When I was 11 yrs. old I was a prankster. I took Buddy's shoes one time and keep in mind he ironed his socks. I snuck his shoes outside and cracked two eggs and put one egg in each shoe. I placed them outside in the hot sun. After a while I brought them back in and placed them back where I got them. Early the next morning he put his nice ironed socks on and placed his foot in his shoe. He woke us all up yelling about me. Oh he was mad then but after a while he laughed about it.I called him rotten foot. This memory will always be with me forever. Hope you enjoyed this and cracked a smile as I always have. Love, Barbara

  • February 03, 2011
    Florence Packer Huckabee (Flossie) says:
    Thought it has been 30 years or more since I saw Buddy It breaks my heart that he is gone.